This one day course aims to equip managers to ‘manage' the performance of others as a process that is ongoing. Staff will benefit from developing their performance and this can be achieved with the help of effective managers who focus on day-to-day performance.
Delegates will learn how to objectively review and assess the levels of skill, knowledge, motivation and confidence in others, promote development and monitor progress and improvements.
This course will enable you to give honest, accurate feedback, not ignoring or postponing difficult issues.
- Welcome and introductions
- Setting achievable goals and expectations
- Tools for day to day performance management
- Tracking changes and shifting priorities
- Giving and receiving feedback effectively
- Dealing with difficult issues
- Behaviour types: assertive and un-assertive
- Dealing with difficult people and behaviours
- Perceptions and triggers
- Confidence and motivation builders
- Planning for consistency and providing support